Fees & Refunds
The resident rate applies to students in the following zip codes:
- Groton: 06340
- Lyme: 06371
- Montville: 06353
- Mystic: 06355
- New London: 06320
- Oakdale: 06370
- Old Lyme: 06371
- Quaker Hill: 06375
- Uncasville: 06382
- Waterford: 06385
Please include a check, money order, or credit card information with your registration form. Out-of-town residents will need to add a $5 non-resident fee to the total cost. If payment is not included with registration, you will not be enrolled in the class. Some courses require additional fees and/or materials. All materials fees are to be paid to the instructor. Check the course description for fee information.
Returned Check Policy
Participants will be charged $25 for each check returned by the bank.
- Unless notified to the contrary, classes will run as scheduled. In the event of a filled class or class cancellation, every attempt will be made to notify you in advance by mail or phone.
- If New London Adult & Continuing Education cancels a class, refunds will be offered for classes that are not attended.
- Credit for a future class or trip may be available in place of a refund.
- We regret that there will be no refunds at any time for computer courses, one-class courses, or bus trips. Refunds for bus trips will be provided if a substitute is provided and paid in full for the trip.
- Refunds for all other courses will be available with a minimum three-week notice prior to the course start date. Refunds will not be given after a course has started. There will be a $10 processing fee for refunds. Please allow one month for processing.
Refund Policy for VA Benefits
Pro-Rata Refund Policy [3676(c)(13)] – A non-accredited institution must provide a Pro-Rata Refund policy for veterans. That is, the veteran will be reimbursed tuition and fees (above $10.00) based on the ratio of remaining days of instruction to total days of instruction.
Gift certificates are available for any Adult Education course, trip, or special event. This is a great gift for that hard-to-buy-for person. They may be purchased at the New London Adult Education office between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., or purchased online 24 hours a day.